Walk n Wheel is an annual week-long event used to “kick start” Active Transport for the school year.
Walk n Wheel aims to:
- Promote and encourage Active Transport amongst Otago primary, intermediate and college school kids.
- Get kids, parents and schools thinking about Active Transport.
How Walk n Wheel works:
- Walk n Wheel Week runs in the first school term of each year with Walk n Wheel week for 2020 taking place from 24 February to 28 February. During the week kids are encouraged to either walk, bike or scoot to school.
- Walk n Wheel Day, which takes place in the middle of Walk n Wheel Week, is a day where extra emphasis is placed on Active Transport and schools strive to get as many students and staff as possible to choose an Active Transport option.
- Each participating school receives resources for the week, such as: posters, stickers, progress cards, classroom charts, and a school prize pack, along with a chance to win many other great prizes. The higher the percentage of kids that walk or wheel at each school, the greater the chance to win the best prizes.
Walk n’ Wheel to School Week (24-28 February 2020)